/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

TVGeekSpeak.com



Thursday, December 30, 2004

The 2004 Geekies: Irina D's Picks

Ah, yes. It's that time of the year- another potentially lame, best-of-2004 award list thingie. At TVGeekSpeak, we want to be original, but let's face it- these things are easy to write and fun to read, so eff it- we're doing it anyway. Our first contributor to rattle off her nods: Irina D.

Least welcomed newcomer: ZZZZZzzzzzzz..... hmmm, what? Oh, sorry, I was watching The Jane Pauley Show.

Most welcomed newcomer: It took me a long time to jump on the bandwagon, but I'm on it baby-- Lost rocks.

Most disturbing trend: The ever-decreasing quality of the CSI: spin-offs. By the time they launch CSI: St. Paul the show will revolve around high school dropouts examining their spit in a microscope.

Show I wish more people knew about: Do I have to keep pimping Veronica Mars? Apparently so. Veronica Mars!

What I'd like to see on the tube in 2005: The continuing return of high-quality dramas, such as Lost, Desperate Housewives and the aforementioned Veronica Mars.

Go away: Someone needs to tie up Fox Entertainment head Gail Berman and force her to have an original thought.

Best show of 2004: The Wire brought it this year. I realize that The Sopranos had a renaissance year, what with the murder of poor, dumb stool-pigeon Adriana, but The Wire once again is the best written, best acted show on television.

Worst show of 2004: I'm sure that there are worse shows on the air, but I'll never get back the hour of my life spent on CSI: New York. It's mopey, depressing and excruciatingly boring.

2004 Geek Of The Year: Bill O'Reilly. For having the top-rated cable news show, for giving new meaning to the word "falafel," for writing an absolutely horrifying children's book (The O'Reilly Factor for Kids) and for insulting Jews at Christmas, all in the same year. Quite a 2004 there, Bill. I hope your wife got a Mrs. Kobe Bryant-style diamond ring this holiday season.

3 other geekspeak:

  • The Slammer:

    If Bill O'Reilly ever gets his facts straight I'll blow him live during prime time. I swear. This year's classic:

    "Stuart Smally (Al Franken) you listen to him? He is the worst kind of trash and he's on that network owned by the French!"

    Ummmm excuse me....asshole? 6 months prior to this tirade, Universal which owns the Sundance Network was purchased from Vivendi by NBC. Hey dickhead, you're in the business; read a newspaper.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:29 PM  

  • The Slammer:

    I mean Rush gets his facts all sideways too....but he's stoned!

    ...and we all know stoned trumps stupid.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 PM  

  • The Slammer:

    She must have gotten something big after Bill being declared

    "Men Who Like to Touch Themselves While Using Telephony"
    magazine's man of the year.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home