/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

TVGeekSpeak.com



Friday, December 10, 2004

The Friday Eff-Off: Why I'm Not Watching Dr. Phil

This week, Uncle Buster takes on Dr. Phil, a man beloved by some, and loathed by others. Hmm... wonder which side of the fence he's on? Let's find out, in his in-depth 99 word analysis.


Dr. Phil has paid his dues. After listening to Oprah’s incessant bitching for years, his diligence was eventually repaid with his own show. Spewing “expert” advice on relationship topics of all kinds, I’m sure whatever back alley school he came from has a chair endowed in his name. Dispensing pearls of wisdom like “Put the toilet seat down”, or “Don’t sleep with your sister,” in a voice straight out of “Hee Haw”, it amounts to sixty minutes of some redneck telling people how stupid they really are. And here’s me, the real dumbass. I’ve been doing it for free.

"Dr. Phil" is syndicated. Check your local listings.

2 other geekspeak:

  • The Slammer:

    Hey TV Geek....back off I loved Dr. Phil on the Larry Sanders show.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 PM  

  • The Slammer:

    By following the simple advice I heard on a Dr. Phil show, I have finally found inner peace. Dr. Phil proclaimed the way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started. So I looked around my house to see things I started and hadn't finished; and, before leaving the house this morning I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Cabernet, a bottle of Baileys, a bottle of Gentlemen Jac, a package of Oreos, the remainder of both the Prozac and Valium prescriptions, the rest of the Cheesecake, some
    Ben & Jerry's and a box of Chocolates. You have no idea how freaking good I feel.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home