/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

TVGeekSpeak.com



Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Here She Is- Miss America. Yee-HA!

The Miss America Pageant is replacing its tiaras with cowboy hats. Well, not literally.

But the embattled pageant has found a new home on cable's CMT. The first show will air in January 2006.

It's unclear what repercussions this will have on the actual pageant: a line dancing competition? Fiddle playin'? Doggie-ropin'? And if Miss New York wins, will Southern contestants leap off their mechanical bulls and start a bar brawl? Stay tuned...

3 other geekspeak:

  • Spoken like someone who doesn't know country music or CMT! Country is the most popular format to most of America. I don't give one once of care for beauty pagents but lay off the put downs of music you don't know anything about.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 AM  

  • I only watch CMT for the "Dukes of Hazzard" reruns.

    By Blogger Roon, at 11:32 AM  

  • I know plenty about country music. Grew up on it, actually... Merle Haggard... Willie Nelson... Ronnie Milsap... even made my parents tune it into my bike radio.

    Then I heard Pink Floyd's The Wall, and I was done. Now, it makes me cringe.

    It's the most popular music format for radio stations- small, mom and pop stations mostly- but lags far behind in sales.

    I realize it's an easy target- but why pass up a cheap shot? Nothing is safe on this site, even stuff I, myself, enjoy.

    So roll over, turn up the Shania Twain, kiss your sister goodnight, and I'll see you at the tractor pull over the weekend.

    By Blogger GeekInChief, at 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home