/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

TVGeekSpeak.com



Friday, September 16, 2005

99 Word Review: Rome


I come not to praise Caesar, but to bury him. Kinda.

See, I always hated ancient European history. So why the hell am I watching HBO’s Rome? Good question. After learning my lesson with Deadwood and The Wire, I promised to stick with HBO’s newest drama. Yet after three episodes, I’m already feeling like I’m back in 6th grade, nodding off in Mr. Brown’s class.

Sure, there’s plenty of plundering, fighting, and fucking. But shouldn’t it be… I don’t know… interesting? And why must everyone speak with a British accent? (Aside from the fact that the BBC co-produced this?)

New episodes of Rome air Sunday nights on HBO.

1 other geekspeak:

  • i agree w/you. i stuck with this for the first 2 episodes, but it hasn't hooked me. i'm especially intrigued about why every single period piece set in rome contains actors with british accents. wasn't it the romans that conquered Britain, not the other way around?

    By Blogger joevideo, at 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home