/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

TVGeekSpeak.com



Monday, September 19, 2005

Emmy Tubeservations

This is why I hate awards shows.

First, let me be the first to say that the shameless Dan Rather, who left his anchor chair in exile earlier this year, should stop trying to glom applause by rubbing elbows with the far more respected Tom Brokaw and Peter Jennings.

I still don't understand the love for the mildly-amusing-at-best Ellen Degeneres. Could somebody clue me in to what I'm missing?

How does Everybody Loves Raymond, a once great show whose time has passed, beat the far superior Scrubs, Arrested Development and Desperate Housewives? I mean, bullshit sentimentality reasons aside?

Why must we be subjected to untalented stars singing badly? If I wanted to watch American Idol... well, come to think of it, I'd never want to watch that. Hence, my gripe. Although Shatner is always a trip.

Could David Letterman be any stiffer?

Ian McShane... robbed. Period.

At least Lost got a well-deserved award for best drama. Even a stoped clock is right twice a day.

0 other geekspeak:

Post a Comment

<< Home