/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

TVGeekSpeak.com



Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Breaking News: Cablevision to Finally Supply FX to TV Geek

After years of tooth-gnashing, foot-stomping and general bellyaching, the good people (for today, at least) at Cablevision have finally decided to supply my "zone" with FX.

How wonderfully 20th century of them.

Never mind that all the surrounding Cablevision zones have had it for years. My repeated calls to customer service were answered with straight-faced answers like "But instead, we offer you HSN2 and C-Span3!" (They honestly told me that. Twice.)

But for today, there'll be no further Cablevision bashing. They've finally seen fit to supply a cable network I'm able to watch on a friggin' airplane, but not in my living room.

And for that, I'm grateful.

Now, if I could only get their crappy DVR to stop arbitrarily erasing unwatched programs...

2 other geekspeak:

  • Congrats. Now you can watch reruns of "That '70s Show" almost 24 hours a day like the rest of the country.

    By Blogger Roon, at 7:44 PM  

  • Next, will Cablevision add SNY? At the moment, no distribution deals have been reached, except with owners Comcast and Time Warner. Not even DirecTV has signed just yet...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home