/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

TVGeekSpeak.com



Monday, March 13, 2006

Tubeservations: Big Love



So, with the HBO rule fully in effect (that's where I feel like I have to give any new HBO drama a chance, thanks to being burned for bailing out on The Wire and Deadwood), I gave HBO's new polygamy dramady Big Love a shot.

Big mistake.

I wanted to like it, but Bill Paxton, save his Oscar-caliber performance in Weird Science, never did it for me. This performance is no exception- and in may ways it was more disturbing than his typical performance, since he was largely shirtless throughout the episode. I certainly didn't need to see his member tented under a sheet- nor did I need a full shot of his taint.

And whoever keep saying Chloe Sevigny is hott- she ain't. At all.

The only reason to watch is the great Ginnifer Goodwin (Ed), but she's just not enough to keep me interested.

I'm sure, as always, I'll be reading in the papers how brilliant this show has become after a few weeks on the air, but for now, it's a risk I'm willing to take. Big Love? A big bore.

Pass.

1 other geekspeak:

  • i'm with you. my prediction... one season and "see ya later." i think, like "brokeback," that people are not gonna be into this scenario, which would normally be any guy's dream, except that it's really any guy's nightmare. oh, and the drama is largely boring.

    By Blogger joevideo, at 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home